Monday, June 23, 2008

Sweetness

My heart has melted for just about the millionth time since becoming a mother. Hayden said "I love you" (technically, it was more like "a-luh oooo") to me right before bed tonight. I've been signing and saying it to him for the last several days and yesterday he started signing it to me in return. He even said it a few times, but only after I said it to him.

Well, tonight, as Rich was putting him in his PJ's, I leaned down and gave Hayden a kiss on the cheek. Before I had a chance to say a thing, he was waving his hand feverishly around and spit out the "a-luh oooo," delighted with the big grin that brought to my face.


Photo credit: Erin Cobb Photography (of course!)

I love you, too, my boy. . . I love you, too.

8 comments:

{The Tresslers} said...

My heart is smiling for you!! What a wonderful sound to hear from your son!!

A.K. said...

what a sweet little boy you have!

erin said...

OH AMY! Funny how those little ones know exactly when we need to hear such things. Somebody knew mama was in for a hard week I guess. Give me a call amidst the craziness if you get a chance!

Megan said...

So sweet. I've been working with Jacob on that one but he isn't all that interested in it yet. It's amazing how intense the feeling is when the little ones do things that are so sweet and they know they are sweet.

J.J. said...

oh! too sweet...i've been catching up with yo here - looks like you are all so busy getting ready but still fitting in some fun times! i want a deck meal with you guys! fun:)

Susie PSU said...

What a great picture of you two! Nice job, Erin. What a sweetie, huh?

Janelle Anderson said...

Oh soak it up Amy! Soak up as many I LOVE YOUS as you can...sooooo precious!!!

Jodie said...

My Preston and Taylor still sign "I LOVE YOU" as they are walking or driving away. Even know it makes my heart melt. Enjoy this age.