
I thought that seeing all these boxes would really get to me, but these past few days I've been all business. There's just been so much to do to be ready for it all. I think once Saturday arrives and we're standing in our empty house, then I'll be sad. I've definitely had my moments in the past few months. . . like the first time I saw the "for sale" sign in our front yard or thinking last week about the final days ahead, "this is the last 3 days we have in our house while it's still normal (not all boxed up)". And I know that more of those moments are coming before we finally leave town at the beginning of August. Hayden, on the other hand, didn't seem a bit phased when we got home yesterday. It was just new stuff to explore.

Speaking of the boy, he's had a rough week. He's had a mark on his neck for the past 2 months. I mentioned it to his doctor a month ago and he said it just looked like an abrasion, almost like the carseat strap was irritating the side of his neck. Well, it just never really healed. Turns out it never was an abrasion, it's impetigo. Supposedly a highly contagious skin rash. But over the past 2 months it hasn't spread anywhere else on his body or to Rich or to me or to any of his friends. Just kind of weird. Anyhow, he's got a cream for that. And while we were at the pediatrician's office I had him check his ears since he was so snotty and congested. Whammo--double ear infection. Again. I think it's the same one that's been lingering since the end of April. He's now on his 3rd round of antibiotics for it. And he's got a referral to an Ear-Nose-Throat doctor to see if he's a candidate for getting tubes put in.
On the bright side, he's really enjoying his time at the CDC. When I pick him up they salways say he plays great and really seems to enjoy himself. He's quite the talker and they've enjoyed having him around. He's even been napping there! On a cot, in a room with 7 other kids! The first few times it was only for an hour, but this week he napped for over 2 hours on both of the days he was there! Hooray!
So, we are busy, busy, busy. I'm kind of glad we get through all this and then have a few more weeks to just enjoy our friends and say goodbye before leaving town. I knew there was a bright side to it all!



5 comments:
I was wondering how Hayden was doing with the cot napping time. I am glad it is working for him. The girls were the same way with the boxes stacked all over when we moved here. "I wonder what is in there" they would say. I have to agree that I am glad you aren't leaving with your boxes! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Sorry to hear about the ear infections...at least you know. Good luck and hang in there.
Riley had impetigo when he was four months...the cream worked great. Double ear infection -- no fun! Hope the little guy feels better soon!!!
i was feeling the same way- the boxes didn't bother me- it wasn't until the next day when the boxes left- that's what bothered me!
Looks like Hayden is checking out those boxes for future play spaces! Some of those look like they'll make great forts!!
Good luck with the movers. I know you will enjoy your last few weeks in CO. Leaving Boston was really rough for me, but Florida brought all new adventures; just like Montana will for your family.
I'm excited to plan my first trip out to visit you!
-Aunt Laura
Post a Comment