Thursday, June 19, 2008

Splash Cove

When we were in Alabama a few weeks ago, Erin and I kept trading brilliant ideas. We were headed to a park and since Hayden still isn't walking on his own yet, I'm constantly holding his hand, helping him walk around. It's an exhausting job. Erin suggested we bring along a push toy. Aha! Much more enjoyable time for both mom and Hayden at the park.

So this week, back in Colorado on an 80+ degree day, we met Jenny, Wilson, and Jacob at Splash Cove--an awesome neighborhood park complete with water features. I brought along his colorful push toy and he (and I) relished the freedom (and the non-scratched knees!). He walked the entire 50 yard length from the car to our picnic spot all by himself, freeing me to snap away with the camera!




Our friends arrived and quickly caught up with us. It was fun to watch Wilson and Hayden greet each other!


We finally made it over to the splash area, which Hayden was very curious about. He ditched the push toy and bear crawled over the grass to get a closer look.

He decided that walking was a better idea, so he was off to really explore the place. Please excuse this horribly overexposed photo, which I (not so successfully) tried to save using photoshop. I just love how he's running right for those little girls and how they look pretty interested in him.


A quick lap around the entire park. . .


. . . and then he ran right through the water!



It was a wet and wild outing and I'm sure we'll be heading over to Splash Cove again before the summer is over. . . and I keep holding out hope that Hayden will be walking on his own the next time we're there!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Hayden is barely holding on to his push toy in that last picture. He is just right there, on the verge of walking on his own. We may have to check out this park before the end of summer as well. Oh, I don't think you should be able to leave Colorado until Hayden walks on his own. Just my opinion!

Susie PSU said...

What a cutie. My kids used those things, too. If they go too fast inside the house, you can put velcro on the wheels to stick to the carpet!

Janelle Anderson said...

See, I even check your blog on Friday nights! :) I love this post!!! Oh, how I remember the push toys and the freedom it provides. You captured it for sure. He'll be running before you know it so don't rush it. :) Have a great weekend!

{The Tresslers} said...

That place looks amazing!! I want to go play too!!!!

He certainly is a "ladies man!!"

Jodie said...

Hi Amy, I love the splash park! When is the big move?

Jodi said...

I love the charm of my neighborhood here, but sure do miss the great parks of CO's communities!