After a long winter hiatus, we made a trip back to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo last Friday. . .
And just as I thought he would, Hayden loved it. Now that he knows so many animals (from the pages of books) it was fun to see him meet them in person! First stop was the giraffes ("ja-rfffff")

That long tongue nearly got him, several times. . .

Then it was on to the "Budgie Buddies." I still have no idea why they are called that, but it's basically the bird building, filled with hundreds of very friendly birds. So friendly that they'll fly right up and land on you!

Then we stumbled upon a baby in a surrogate pouch. . .
. . . a baby kangaroo! Hayden can sniff out a baby of any species. Along with cars, trucks, and airplanes, babies are one of his favorite things.
We made a final stop at the primate house. Most of the apes were taking their midday siesta, but this mean-looking monkey was just as interested in Hayden as Hayden was in him. He kept doing laps around his area, doing multiple Hayden "drive-bys."
A fun time was had by all!









3 comments:
good thing that monkey was behind a window!! love the birdies- that's so cool that they sat right on people!
Wow, those birds are crazy! I love how close you could get to the animals!
I love that zoo. I think it's a fun place to watch the kids get check out the animals. I love the picture of the bird on Rich's shoulder.
Post a Comment